Sunday, October 16, 2005

Finding what you love

I am not a Mac user, nor do I have an iPod of any kind. It might be fun to have one, but the cost prohibits me. Nonetheless, I have to have some admiration for Steve Jobs. He is a unique person who has had some real impact on the world of movies and computers. Rather than sing praises to his name, I want to point you to a transcript of his commencement address at Standford this past June. It is powerful and meaningful to me.

Here is the link to his address.

He tells us to find what we love and do it. Doing something just for money does not bring lasting happiness, and there is the possibility we may find financial success while doing what we love. He talks of finding the good in even the worst of circumstances. Lastly, he tells us to live life to its fullest, as if each day is your last. This is great advice that I try to follow, but it is not easy. I suspect it will be worth it in the end, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home